Welcome to One Brush Beauty

OBB Where all are welcome, i write reviews, answer questions, give tips and advice on how to use the makeup that you have. OBB is really about easy yet beautiful make up, making you feel your best, and what products are out there to help you do that.

TTFN
C x

Thursday 16 June 2011

Laura Mercier Oil Free foundation review

Hi guys!
So as I have mentioned before I really do not have good skin, and so I am unable to use the cheaper brand foundations (which make me really break out). But I am also not a very loyal foundation buyer, I usually change every time as up until now there have always been issues with whatever brand I have used.

I mentioned a while ago that I had a make up haul, and the oil free foundation from Laura Mercier was one of the products that I bought. I am the shade 'Warm Ivory'.
Before this foundation I was using a Lancome Teint Idole Ultra one in their palest shade (which I have been told has been discontinued any way). The Lancome one was also an oil free foundation which my skin needs as I have combination skin. But the Lancome foundation was quite drying and its coverage (although the fullest coverage in their range, was not enough for my needs).

I had been pointed to Laura Mercier by a friend who assured me that the foundation was 'the best you will EVER use'. The colour matches my skin tone perfectly, I am very light with slight but not strong yellow undertones to my skin; usually I have to compromise on the colour and usually end up having to go a shade darker (or a shade with more yellow/ orange tones than my skin has) or in the case of the MAC foundation that I have used go a shade lighter which really made me look pale.
Even though the foundation is oil free it does not dry out, but has good staying power so that it doesnt 'slide' off my face either (another problem I had with the MAC foundation that I used).

The coverage is also brilliant, without making me look 'cakey'. Its a pump bottle and I only need one for really good every day coverage, which means that the bottle will last next to forever.

The one down side to this foundation is that it retails at £33 here in the UK, so it is by no means a cheap product. But I believe with foundations you really do get what you pay for, and I believe that 100% with this product; totally worth the splurge, especially when you consider its going to be sitting on your face all day every day.

So hope that was help full, maybe if you're thinking about changing your foundation or 'upgrading' from your drug store brand, I would definitely reccommend the Laura Mercier products. But as always, shop around and always go for the product that's right for you.

TTFN
C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Your comments mean so much to me and I will endeavour to reply to all of them, so please check back if you do leave one! xx