First off I would like to say a HUGE thankyou to the lovely Beauty Splash for nominating me! Although I have been blogging in dribs and drabs for a few years, its only really since February of this year that I have really gotten in to it!
So I hadn't heard of the Leibster Award before, but from what I understand it is a kind of a 'pass it on' thing which gets people interested and talking about other peoples blogs. So I will answer the 11 questions that were posed to me and tell you 11 random facts about myself; in turn I will nominate a few peeps and they will have to do the same. ( I really like this idea!!).
So I will get on to the 11 random facts...
1. My favourite colour is Green - love it!
2. I have too many obsessions in life! These include Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Darkness (the band) and obviously Makeup.
3. My favourite beverage is Milk
4. I have a massive white cat called Leo, he is my baby.
5. I love everything Japenese and would love to go there one day.
6. I love Cows and Frogs, they make me so happy!
7. I am a hermit, I could stay in for another 6 months and not feel the need to venture out.
8. At University I craved creme brulee like ALL THE TIME so thats basically all I ate...that and celery...
9. I am a qualified Zoologist.
10. Heath Ledger was my dream man (sorry boyf!)
11. I spend hours grooming my eyebrows - they are my pride and joy!
So onto my questions from my nominee..
1.What is your favourite thing about blogging?
That I can share my passion and speak to people who have the same passion, the passing on of ideas and inspiration is such a wonderful thing, and blogging definately opens up the door to that.
2.Cheese burger or chicken caesar salad?
Hmmm. I actually love salad...not in a 'Oh Ive had too many calories this week, pass me the lettuce' sort of way; but I genuinely love the taste of it. And ceaser dressing is amazing! So Ceaser Salad!
3.Thoughts on lip stains?
Not for me Im afraid, even with the balm they seem to dry my lips out, plus I feel like Im putting felt tip on my lips when I wear them. Never a good thing.
4.Do you have a best friend? If so, where did you meet them?
I have 2! One I have known for a LONG time. But we became best friends when I moved away and I love her so much and I could not do with out her, we met right at the beginning of high school when we both played guitar. And my other bestie I met at Uni and he lived in the same flats and did the same course as me, I dont think I will ever be able to have a relationship like we have with any one else!
5.Best budget beauty product?
MUA eyeshadows! They are so well pigmented and the quality is that of a high end product! The monos are priced at £1 and they do pallets that are compared to the likes of Urban Decay and I think they are around £4.
6.Favourite nail polish of all time?
Hmmm. This one is a tough one. But I am going to go with a fairly new one to my collection which is China Glaze's 'Running in Circles' which is from their Cirque Du Soleil range. It is the most sparkly vibrant shade of acid apple green! Its wonderful! And I actually bought it because I saw it swatched on one of my fave blogs.
7.Starbucks or Costa?
Starbucks! Major coffee fiend! I just like the way their coffee tastes...not really bothered about anything else.
8.Favorite online clothes shop?
Heres a secret...I have actually never purchased clothing (non-band related) from the internet!...so this question is a little lost on me Im afraid. I could not live without Amazon though!!
9.A shop you cannot leave without buying something?
Boots! Even if its just a snack! They lure me in and then Im there round all the makeup, smelling and testing! Its such a strain on my little bank balance. Really could not live without it though, it keeps the makeup goblin under my bed happy and thats all that matters!
10.Leggings or jeans?
JEANS!! Im starting my first 'proper job' in the summer and have to wear smart office wear, and its the first time since I was 16 that I havent been able to put my trusty pair of jeans on everyday, I live in them and they are the most versitile and comfortable piece of clothing in the entire world, I truly believe they will never go out of fashion.
11.All time favourite book?
This one is SO hard!! I have so many! One single book!? There have been so many that I couldnt put down, like the Thomas Harris Hannibal series, the Phillip Pullman His Dark Materials series, Stephen King's Misery...but just because of its ease and simplicity with a great story I will go with 'When God was a Rabbit' by Sarah Winman. Its not a religious text or to do with faith, its just a really good story with a melancholy nostalgia that I really like.
So thats that! The next thing for me to do is nominate - I think the rules are you cannot nominate the person who nominated you...so here goes
- For the Love of Laquer
- Sarah from Ask the Beauty Editor
- Katie from A bit of Lippy
- MCMiki's Beauty Blog
- Jo from Painted Glitter
- Holly from Holly Mixtures
- What made you start blogging?
- Whats your guilty pleasure?
- What brand could you not live without?
- If you were an animal what animal would you be and why?
- If you could only carry 3 makeup items in your bag what would they be and why?
- Liquid or pencil liner?
- Is there any where that you would really love to travel to?
- Favourite book and why
- What is your classic look?
- Highend or Budget products and why?
- Every cloud has a silver lining...true or false?
Again a Massive thank you to Beauty Splash for nominating me! I have really enjoyed doing this!
Hope you enjoyed reading it and if you haven't already checked out my nominees then you really should! They're awesome!